How To: Max the vitality stat in Final Fantasy VII

Max the vitality stat in Final Fantasy VII

In Final Fantasy VII, it's possible to max out vitality without any store-related progress needed if your strength stat has already been maxed. Take a look at this video and learn how to max out vitality simply by targeting an enemy called "spiral".
This enemy has around 2800 HP so you'll need to drop it down. I prefer to use the enemy skill Trine for this because it uses relatively little MP and deals 2000 damage. Above 2700 is not recommended. For restoring MP, I use the "MP absorb" materia and "steal" and make use of the annoying "hippogriff" with its hazardous "L2 confu" spell it has (which causes any character not immune to confusion and whose level is even (a multiple of 2) to become confused). If you're really running low on MP (less than 50), the "sea worm" found at the beaches is a very dependable target. Not only does it drop "turbo ethers", you can use use "steal" with "MP absorb" on it to draw out some of its MP. In addition, it's a very easy enemy that seems very slow to act and is quite weak.

Like with strength, you only need to go to about 220 as armor will provide that extra boost. Compared to 128 (for the "defense" stat), the damage is only about 70%, which is sort of disappointing, but when you take on Emerald Weapon or Ruby Weapon, this will be very helpful for survival. The 70% number also catches my attention. A doubling is resulting in 70% of the damage. This hints to a negative (inverse) square root involved (i.e. "CharacterDefense^-0.5"). Also, at the 6-minute marker in this video, something a bit unusual happens - 4 pieces of materia get mastered at the same time (two different types, too (the usual - "exit" and "all")). Also, note how much gil I've got already. Yep, over a quarter of a billion, still a bit less than 20% of my record....

Just updated your iPhone? You'll find new emoji, enhanced security, podcast transcripts, Apple Cash virtual numbers, and other useful features. There are even new additions hidden within Safari. Find out what's new and changed on your iPhone with the iOS 17.4 update.

Be the First to Comment

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Latest